1_ Getting used to a new pair of glasses is subjective, it can be immediate or you may need a lot of time.
2_ during the adapting period the child should avoid:
Intensive sport activities, like football
Using a bike or scooter
Using the new lenses during physical activities at school
Using the new lenses on very high ladders and during activities like climbing
3_ If your kid has any issue after two weeks, please contact your Vision professional.
4_ We recommend checks every 6 months to check the myopia progression.
Spend more time outdoor, 2 hours per day at least.
Take a break from screens or close activities.
Keep a correct posture, a right light condition and a correct work distance. This will help your eyes stay healthy also during close activities.
Constant sight check will allow you to detect and treat myopia, downgrading sight worsening, the myopia progression and potential complications.
We recommend a medical check before starting the treatment.
During the first check you need to evaluate all the visual functions and the kid’s eyeball health. Some factors can suggest the prescriptions of MiyoSmart. It is crucial to understand if the child presents heritability and he/she is then more likely to develop myopia or not.
Here are some highlights as guidelines to start the treatment:
The subject determined as nearsighted shall not have other pathologies of the visual system.
1. Quantifying the refractive error obtained through the minimum power of the negative lens, able to grant the best visual acuity (cyclopegia refraction procedure recommended).
2. AV OD/OS and BINO from afar with the new correction.
3. Measurement of the axial length (recommended)
Following the definition of the refractive error and the choice to start the treatment, you need to confirm the prescription of MiyoSmart, as unique permanently optical correction, as the best benefit is reached by constantly using the MiyoSmart lenses.
• INDEX: 1.59
• POWER: SPHERE: 0.00D a -10D | CYLINDER: -4.00D | JOINT POWER: -6.50D with a max cylinder equal to -4.00D
• CENTRAL AREA OF CLEAR VISION: diameter 9.4mm
• AREA OF TREATMENT: diameter 33mm
• DEFOCUS POWER: +3.50D
• PRISM TO BE PRESCRIBED: 3∆ diopter per lens
• DIAMETER: 75mm from neutral up to a complete power of -6.00